the tiniest bedroom & a diy project

Welcome to the tiniest guest room, under the eaves, ever. I'm still at work on this space, but after the handyman mounted the lights it started looking great! I love the bed tucked into this nook. And the bedding adds some life and eclecticism to a very simple space.


Still to come is the headboard. You'll remember from this idea board that I wanted to do a West Elm woven headboard here, but there was no way it would fit up the stairs...and even if it could it would have meant a different (read: not the best) layout in the room.


So, today I'm making one. I've got some rolls of jute rope (buy it here) and some 1 x 2 pine cut to size to make two frames.
Then I'm pretty much going to wrap the frames with the rope and mount them over the bed (between the lights, and covering up the wall switch, which you can't see in the picture because it's behind the pillows). Make sense? No? I get you. My process is not set in stone; sometimes with DIY you just have to see what happens and figure it out as you go. You, and me, will have to come back for the full tutorial next week to see how it all turned out! Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments

Meg said...

Sounds great - looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun project...can't wait to see how the headboard turns out. Love the bedding and lighting, this is sure to be a cozy and inviting guest room!

Cathy

Erin (Out on a Limb) said...

Can't wait to see the end result! Great idea.

Sarah said...

Oooh, this sounds fun! Can't wait to see! Love those lights:)

My Little Bungalow said...

What a cute, cozy space! I love the deep window sill and the shade -- your rope-covered headboard will look fabulous there! Good luck with your project, I can't wait to see the results.
Claudia

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the lights, and I just did a small project with jute. It will be up tomorrow, if you want to see it. I can't wait to see how an entire headboard will turn out...fantastic, I'm sure!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

What a wonderful idea for the headboards! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

The lights in the room give it so much character. I know it's tiny, but I'd love to stay there. It feels so cozy!

Good luck with your project!

Lori

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

This is going to be great. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
P.S. That is the cutest little guest room I've ever seen!