our ikea wall lamp revamp

You may remember way back when I first started this blog I featured a little hack to our bedside Ikea wall lamps. These little lamps are so great over the nightstand and have given us more than their money's worth over the years, at $15 each. But I've been thinking for a long time now that they've been needing an update. They were just looking old and tired.


So I worked some magic on a Saturday afternoon with a little spray paint and some new fabric (actually some I already had on hand, so this was a nice cheap project).


I'm not sure what took me so long to bring this fabric into this room, but it is so perfect. I'm now in love with these sconces all over again. They've got a new look and new life.



The shiny gold really perks up the bedroom and adds a little glamour. I'm thinking I may want to bring some more gold accents in, to play against the cool walls.


Also thought I'd share another bedroom view, featuring a cute rug I picked up at Marshall's a few weeks ago. I had it in mind for our foyer, but until mud season ends, it's keeping relatively clean and working out just perfectly beside the bed. The little bullseye mirror was also a fun recent find, from Home Goods.


But these are my favorite recent bedroom shots, of course.



Some sources for you:

5 comments

Gretchen said...

Love this idea! I'm bringing some old bedside lamps to my daughter this weekend. We can do a quick craft project to refurbish them. Love the pics of your daughter! So cute.

Ashley said...

It just goes to show that those $15 lamps are pretty darn versatile! I don't think I've ever seen your bedroom before, Casey, and I love it! So warm and cozy. And Little Miss E looks so big now!! Adorable as ever, too!

Fran said...

Casey, I like the colors of your bedroom (Blue, gold, cream, etc.). And, it looks as if your new lamp shade has gray in it which really adds to your color palette.

Mama Bird said...

love the pillows on your bed, can you give the source list for those?

casey at loft and cottage said...

Sure, the leopard print is linked under "bedding," and unfortunately the lumbar pillow is so old that by now I've forgotten the source!